Choco Moo is a Japanese artist whose unique illustrations are taking the fashion industry by storm. Her signature black and white drawings are inspired by music and fashion, but the look is all her own. Her art has graced the pages of Japanese magazines including NYLON and she has collaborated on products from tattoo stockings (sold out!), tote bags, a t-shirt with HELLZ and a soon to be released collaboration with Joy Rich (launching this month!). Get familiar because you’ll be seeing a lot more of Choco Moo…
1. What woman, besides your mom or grandmother, do you find inspirational?
2. When did you start illustrating? How did your interest in art develop?
I have been interested in art from a young age
3. You have a very unique style – where do you draw inspiration?
Music & fashion & Traditional Japanese culture
4. Your work is seen a lot in fashion magazines and on clothing. Do you have an interest in fashion?
Yes!! I’m a fashion freak!! <3
5. How does fashion influence your illustrations?
The shapes & the line of construct the dress always give me the idea for my illustration.
6. What’s your favorite piece that you’ve created?
7. Who do you want to work with?
8. What part of illustrating is the most challenging and do you dislike the most?
9. Any advice for ladies who are just starting out in a career path as an artist?
Feel free open your mind. Just draw what you like.
- Choco Moo Live Painting at Candy Video
- Women Making History: Esther Kim
- Joyrich x Choco Moo
- Internship: M.I.S.S. Is Looking For Graphics Interns!
- Women Making History: Yuko Yamaguchi