As the temperature continues to drop steadily over the next couple of months, it is important to keep in mind that your largest organ – also known as your skin – will be impacted greatly. Winter can really do a number on your skin: dry, flaky, itchy, chapped. Your hands will be extremely vulnerable to the cold air so you’ll need to protect them. For starters, you can’t go wrong with good old fashioned vaseline. Applying it liberally to skin is one of the easiest remedies. Another trick is not taking hot showers. Hot showers can further dehydrate your skin. A humidifier is your best friend during the coming weeks. Most importantly, moisturizing as frequently as possible will prevent hands from cracking and stinging, which is a real drag. Here are some great hand lotions that will defend against winter weather.
- Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream ($18 at Sephora)
- Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve ($20 at Bloomingdale’s)
- Neutrogena Hand Cream ($4 at Target)
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Hand Creme ($9 at CVS)
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream ($26 at L’Occitane)
- Free – L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream!
- Winter Beauty Essentials
- My Latest Obsession: Winter Skincare
- L’Occitane en Provence Cherry Blossom Hand Cream
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: BeauTea Bars – Get them at Essere Organics