Fashion‘s Night Out, an evening dedicated to getting customers out of their spending doldrums and into stores to purchase something – anything – is scheduled for Friday.
Retailers taking part will host celebrity appearances, games, musical performances and more, beginning at 6 p.m., in an effort to boost consumer spending on fashion and retail. Clothing will be offered at full price, not bargain rates, but the experience is expected to be more like a night on the town than an evening thumbing through discount racks in a store playing elevator music under the dim flicker of fluorescents.
– Neiman Marcus: Cosmetic makeovers in the beauty department; a fashion exhibition by Academy of Art University students whose works will be shown at Fashion Week in New York; highlights of Christopher Collins’ collection. Also, DJs will spin while light snacks will be offered; view 17th and 18th century engraved prints from Prints Etc. in the fifth-floor galleries; open until 8 p.m. 150 Stockton St.
– Saks Fifth Avenue: DJs from JE Models and Look Modeling Agency will spin in the fifth-floor Fashion Mix lounge; a fashion trivia contest will be conducted; rock-inspired informal modeling will take place; sketch artists will draw you into a fashion sketch at Chloe on the second floor; open until 8 p.m. 384 Post St.
– Saks Fifth Avenue men’s store: On the fifth floor, Vessel nightclub creates fun with music and videos; refreshments will be served to set the tone while shoppers browse the latest collections. The party continues at Vessel, which opens at 8 p.m. for Saks customers participating in Fashion’s Night Out – free admittance for two before 10:30 p.m. and one free drink (must be 21 or older). 220 Post St.
– Nordstrom San Francisco Centre: Attend a Girls Getting Gorgeous party, a chance to win a Golden Ticket Fashion Experience that includes a $2,500 shopping spree and closet makeover; trend seminars with a personal shopper; DJ, food treats and cosmetics demonstrations; open until 10 p.m. 865 Market St.
– Macy’s Union Square: An appearance by Countess LuAnn de Lesseps from “The Real Housewives of New York”; open until 9 p.m. 170 O’Farrell St.
– Bloomingdale’s: Style lounge with informal modeling, small bites and sips from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Westfield Centre, 865 Market St.
– Westfield Centre: VIP fashion and beauty event Under the Dome, $10, benefits ArtPoint. More details at westfield.com. 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. 865 Market St.
– Simayof Jewelers: Free jewelry cleaning and checkup, plus a gift with any purchase of more than $350; open until 9 p.m. 295 Geary St.
– Naramacie: Sip bubbly and guess the number of rosebuds in a jar to win a free women’s or men’s shirt of your choice (winner announced the next day); open until 8 p.m. 352 Sutter St.
– Burlingame Avenue: Approximately 16 participating retailers, including Trina Turk, Morning Glory, Ralph Lauren, Anthropologie and Les Deux Copines, will offer various refreshments and surprises; open until 9 p.m. Various locations, Burlingame.