Taking a page from Dr. Frankenstein’s book, Korean electronics giant Samsung has merged a fully featured Android phone with a 16MP point and shoot camera to create the Galaxy S4 Zoom. The camera/phone hybrid incorporates the best of both worlds. On the phone side there’s a 4.3 inch qHD touchscreen display, 1.5.GHz dual-core CPU, 1.5GB of RAM, a 1.9MP front facing camera, 8GB of internal storage (that can be expanded with microSD), and a host of other features also available on Samsung’s Galaxy S4 smartphone. On the camera side there’s a 10x optical zoom (the first ever on a phone), a Xenon flash, image stabilization, and a unique “Zoom Ring”. The “Zoom Ring” grants instant access to multiple camera modes including Auto, Gallery and Smart Mode, and in the middle of a phone call you can use it to activate the In-Call Photo Share feature, letting you capture and send an image directly via MMS to whoever you are talking to.
The Galaxy S4 Zoom will launch near the end of the year with the price for the device yet to be announced.
- MISS Techcessories: The Samsung Galaxy Note II & Galaxy Camera
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – The Samsung Galaxy Camera Mates a Real Camera With a Smartphone
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – Samsung Galaxy S IV
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – Introducing The Samsung Galaxy S III
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – The Samsung Galaxy Round