March is National Endometriosis Awareness Month and since Endometriosis affects one in ten women, I wanted to help spread the word. Endometriosis is a silent disease, many times women don’t even know they have it. Painful cramps during menstruation are just seen as typical, rather than a reason to see a doctor.
My message to you is just see a doctor. If you don’t have health insurance, or don’t want to involve your family in letting them know you are seeing a gynecologist you can visit your local Planned Parenthood or if you are a student, visit your student health service. To find a Planned Parenthood near you visit PlannedParenthood.org and to learn more about endometriosis please visit Endometriosis.org.
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week: Love to Love You Safely – How Planned Parenthood Can Help
- Planned Parenthood Needs You
- Hey Ladies! Listen Up Cause WOMEN ARE WATCHING
- National Endometriosis Awareness Month
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Could It Be More Than Just Cramps?