Joyrich is one of my favorite streetwear lines. Designer David Melgar’s approach to design is fun, refreshing and quite frankly, when I look at his clothing I just want to dance. How many things can you say that about??
Each season David Melgar plays with pop culture references and characters to give them the Joyrich treatment. For this fall, the Joyrich collection has Keith Haring characters emblazoned on them. The 80s graffiti artist-turned cultural icon is having a moment now with his artwork on everything from sweatpants, sweaters and even (my favorite) a reversible puffer jacket.
David also gave me favorite flapper the Joyrich look with a collection devoted to Betty Boop. Pieces feature all-over prints of Betty Boop’s face while other pieces show enlarged images of the character. However you like it, you can get your boop-boop-de-boop on.
- Swindle Issue 17: Betty Boop Turns Cholita!
- Moncler Gamme Rouge RTW Fall ’09
- M.I.S.S. TV: KarmaloopTV at Joyrich in Japan
- JOYRICH Spring Summer 2013 Collection “Luxury Back Street”
- M.I.S.S. VEGAS 02.09: Reporter at Project