Azealia Banks released a video for Atlantis directed by French artist Fafi. The video includes lots of graphic animation and is trippy and whimsical all at once with lots of underwater imagery including seahorses, waves, sharks and dolphins. She goes through several outfit changes but each look has a bit of pattern, a bit of shine and touches of Indian-inspired jewelry like a forehead bindi and bridal nose pin.
This video is definitely fun to watch but I thought it looked a bit familiar and then I remembered Rye Rye’s video for “Boom Boom”. Atlantis doesn’t have the video game theme but the horizontal scrolling and graphic imagery is similar down to riding flying dolphins. Check it out for yourself – what do you think? Are the videos too similar?
- Fashion Meets Music: Rye Rye “Boom Boom”
- Reminisce With M.I.S.S.: Conscious Daughters
- Fashion Meets Music: Lady Gaga “Judas”
- Lando’ Kicks: Something for the Ladies!!
- Fashion Meets Music: World Premiere! Rhianna’s Hard Music Video