Finally! It’s here. My birthday! Oops I mean HALLOWEEN! That’s right. Time of ghosts, witches, spider webs tangled in your hair and glitter make-up you could only get away with one day out of the year. Well, two if you’re lucky.
Now you guys that if the occasion requires getting dressed up, I pull all my inspiration from films. I am still stuck on what I want to wear this year so maybe this list with help all of us. Here’s what I think will be the most likely costumes this year:
For all you guys out there who want to come off as sexy and mysterious there’s no better movie than “Drive” to help you out. Find yourself a pair of tight jeans, a Scorpio silk bomber jacket, leather gloves, and check out Goodwill for some old-school cross trainers.
4. Boardwalk Empire
Slick back your hair, dust off the Tommy Gun and grab a pin-striped 3-piece suit that’s tailored to your inner gangster because you are going as Steve Buscemi. I mean Nucky Thompson. Sounds sexier that way.
3. Batman: The Dark Knight Rises
If you are on the hunt for a couple-duo outfit there’s no cooler couple than Catwoman and Batman. The leather, the mask, sex appeal, and killer spikey heels. (Those are reserved for Catwoman. Sorry guys.)
2. Hunger Games
I am going to play a candy-corn drinking game on Halloween. Every time I see a Katniss, I will eat a candy corn. I should have a lethal sugar high by the end of the night. Having said that, it’s still a great costume idea. Any of the “Hunger Games” characters would be fun. And if you are leaning towards Katniss, don’t go for her typical bow-and-arrow drag because that will be everywhere. Think about her prim and proper Tribute attire or better yet her Girl-On-Fire Dress.
1. The Great Gatsby
Although Baz Luhrmann film of the F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic book isn’t out in theaters until 2013, you can be ahead of the curve. And let’s be honest: no era did fashion better than the Roaring 20s. To be the ideal doe-eyed Daisy, you need precisely shaped eye browns, jewels, sequins, feathers, red lips, and a perfect marcel wave.
If you don’t want to be like everyone else, here are some classic films that I think will be excellent sources of spooky good times on Halloween.
1. Drop Dead Gorgeous – Be a dead Miss America. Killer idea.
2. Zoolander – Sport your snake-print spandex and your best Magnum face.
3. Hocus Pocus – Forget the broom and carry a vacuum cleaner instead.
4. Grease – Go solo as Sandy or grab your girls and go as The Pink Ladies.
5. Beetle Juice – Slither into Blackmilk leggings and a matching striped blazer.
- Nails Did: China Glaze Capitol Colours Collection
- Always A Lady: Keep It Classy
- Celebrity Style: Leather Pants Obsession
- My Latest Obsession: Halloween Treats
- Eyes To The Sky: Not Just For Biker Babes & Ladies Of The Night. Get Shorty In Leather.