Feminist writer and editor Helen Gurley Brown passed away today, August 13th at the age of 90. She was most famous for her book Sex and the Single Girl and was the editor-in-chief of Cosmpolitan magazine for thirty-two years. Her mission was for women to take ownership of their sexuality and independence and she famously said “Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go everywhere.” She was a pioneer in feminism by showing a sexier side to the movement. Thank you Helen Gurley Brown for showing us that we can be feminists and be sexy.
- In Conversation: Gloria Steinem and Suheir Hammad
- Fashion Meets Film: Girl 6
- “Seduction” at the Museum at FIT
- M.I.S.S. Project NYC: Lira SS09
- My Feminism Is Better Than Your Feminism