I just received the Joyrich Fall/Winter 2012-2013 catalog and I’m always amazed at how Joyrich picks up on 80s and 90s references and gives them a modern spin in what they call “retro-future”. The Fall collection, “Musical Road Trip” is a journey through decades, genres and cities. Drawing on a variety of stylistic movements that were in their time the very antithesis of high-end fashion, the fall/winter 2012 collection makes for an eclectic showcase of 80’s London punk, 90’s New York hip-hop, chilled-out skater West Coast style through to the current electro movement.
I always love to see what Joyrich brings to us each season. In some ways, Joyrich is a bit like Jeremy Scott’s lovable younger brother. Similar fun aesthetic but not as expensive. If you’re ever in Los Angeles be sure to check out their store on Melrose – it’s one of my favorite spots to visit in LA.
- The Vegas Diaries…Day 1: Fruition LV
- Yours Truly Brings it Again with “Above the Clouds” ’09
- M.I.S.S. TV: KarmaloopTV at Joyrich in Japan
- Get a Little Piece of Jeremy Scott at FRUITION
- FRUITION says Hello to Jeremy Scott’s “Let Them Eat Gas”!