So, I’m sure you’ve heard about HBO’s new series GIRLS – it’s amazing and if you haven’t seen it then you need to. It’s Sex In the City for younger, hipper ladies that is WAY MORE realistic than SITC ever was. Staying true to hispterdom, the costume designer shops in thrift shops in Brooklyn to achieve an authentic look and one of the writers on staff is none other than Lesley Arfin. The star of Girls, Lena Dunham is also the creator, writer (and director of a few episodes) the series – not bad for someone born in 1986.
At the end of the last episode Hannah and Marnie get their dance on to a song that I didn’t recognize, so I had to find out what it was. It turns out it’s Robyn’s Dancing On My Own. I’m not giant Robyn fan, but I can’t stop playing this song. Now you can have it stuck in your head too. You’re welcome.
- Art HERstory: The Archives
- Major Lazer – Get Free ft. Amber of the Dirty Projectors
- Karmaloop TV Presents: An Interview with Danny Boyle
- Flash Back Friday: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Still
- La Chanelphile Presents: What Would Coco Do? Episode 2