ABOVE strikes again! His latest piece deals with the blood diamond controversy and is on the exterior wall of Johannesburg’s largest diamond trader Jewel City – the largest diamond exporter in the southern hemisphere with over R7-Billion worth of Diamonds being exported every year.
I was able to get away with this diamond wall heist because I told the owners I would paint in big letters “Diamonds are a woman’s best friend” on the exterior of their building. The owners loved the idea and all quickly agreed. The next day I had started painting but what the owners didn’t know is that I lied to them and was hijacking their wall. Like any premeditated robbery, situations are not what they seem and shit can flip from best friends to worst enemies in a few moments.
We can only assume that the traders were too busy trading blood diamonds to notice that ABOVE actually painted “Diamonds Are A Woman’s Best Friend, And A Man’s Worst Enemy.” Pics and video below…
- M-Dolla: Bling & “Hard Candy” Out on 4.29.08
- Blood is the New Black has something for your Little Warrior
- Miss Techcessories: Retro Chic Flip Clock On Legs
- Santogold’s GOLDRUSH Tour! Tickets Officially on Sale!
- Miss June 2012: Something Old, Something New, Something Tiffany, Something Blue