Over the past couple months there has been a growing number of brands and designers who have created some sort of wedge style sneaker. Initially, I thought the trend would fizzle fairly quickly, but these high-heeled kicks are still multiplying. If you’re down for the cause, there are styles ranging from comma to common in price. We first caught a glimpse of the design in Beyonce’s ‘Love On Top’ video as she channeled her inner Ralph Tresvant and danced around in the Isabel Marant sneaker. Since then, Alicia Keys, Tracy Ellis Ross, Ciara, and Willow Smith have all been spotted rocking the newest lady shoe.
1. Ash Bowie Wedge Sneaker, $225 (ashfootwearusa.com)
2. Elena Iachai Wedge Sneaker, $392 (luisaviaroma.com)
3. Serafini Manhattan Sneaker, $300 (serafinishop.com)
4. Isabel Marant Willow Sneaker, $760 (net-a-porter.com)
5. Nike Wedge Dunk, TBA
What do you gals think? Are we on to some new hotness, or is it too much?
Image Layout: Aeramis
- Fall 2013 Reebok Classic x Alicia Keys Collection
- The Glamorous Life: Willow Smith
- M.I.S.S. In The Mix: Willow Smith’s “Whip My Hair” Video
- She’s Got Sole: Alicia Keys x Reebok Collection
- She’s Got Sole: New Balance X Frapbois H710