The winter cold started late for us southern Californians, which is great because most department stores are selling their winter gear for cheap. When winter clothing first came out in stores, I was eyeing this new spin on beanies but refused to put out $25 for it. So I decided to wait it out, bought a $5 beanie and made my own.
What You’ll Need:
– Needle and Thread
– Sewing Machine (optional)
1. With your needle and thread, start a running stitch about 3.5 inches from the base (head opening) to the middle of the beanie.
2. When you reach the end, pull the thread so that it starts to scrunch the beanie. Knot and fasten.
You’re done! But to make sturdier, run through the stitching with a sewing machine 2-3 times.
- She’s Crafty: DIY Fringe Bikini Top
- She’s Crafty: DIY First Place Ribbons
- She’s Crafty: DIY Pearl and Lace Collars
- She’s Crafty: DIY Ruffled Suspenders
- She’s Crafty Halloween: DIY Max’s Wolf Costume