NARS Cosmetics marks their debut appearance at Paris Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2012 for Moroccan-French designer Bouchra Jarrar – a former Balmain studio director and assistant to Christian Lacroix. For a first-time appearance, there is a strong yet subtle presence.
Lead makeup artist Christophe Danchaud explains that his inspiration was a reflection of the “evolution of the Bouchra Jarrar brand.” Danchaud presents an elegant, luminous and detailed look, focusing on the bottom eyelid. “The skin is transparent, with the cheek lending a touch color. Woody, pink lips and a dark smudged liner give it a feeling that’s worn in, because Bouchra wanted to communicate a feeling of warmth through her collection and the makeup,” says Danchaud.
· *Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (NEW for Spring 2012!)
· Douceur Blush – soft pink, brown
· Gina Blush – true tangerineEYES:
· Thunderball Eyeshadow – midnight gray
· Goddess Soft Touch Shadow Pencil – pale champagne
· Misfit Duo Eyeshadow – shimmering ecru/bright emerald green
· Paris Duo Eyeshadow – shimmering gray/true matte gray
· Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara – blackLIPS:
· *Bilbao Lipstick (NEW for Spring 2012!) – shimmering topaz
· Tiber Larger Than Life Lip Gloss – cool beige
**for darker skin gals (NC42 like me), I would suggest a warmer pink nude such as Fabala Lipstick – shimmering rose, topped with Sweet Revenge lip gloss – sheer pink grapefruit**
This is a very achievable look that requires some restraint. You want to keep it soft with a natural looking flush to your cheeks. You will also want to spend time smudging color on your lower lashes with a good, densely packed pencil brush – the look is worn in and not slept in. I am pleasantly surprised with this look; I was expecting the traditional NARS smoky eyes, sculpted cheekbones and statement color lips – especially for runway. Honestly, this is a great representation of the designer’s aesthetic which also shows the versatility of NARS cosmetics.
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Backstage With Shiseido at Zero+Maria Cornejo
- NARS Trend Report: Honor Fall 2012
- M.I.S.S. Beauty: NARS Summer Line
- Why I Heart NARS
- MISS Beauty Tip of the Week: How I Made a Light Lipstick Work for Me