Okay, I admit it. I’m pretty terrible about picking out presents (birthday, Christmas, bar-mitzvah, wedding) for other people, but I’m pretty awesome at picking out presents for myself! Luckily for me, I happen to live in a country where Christmas has been entirely stripped of its religious aspects and is totally about buying things for people and eating fried chicken. Isn’t that what Christmas is really about anyway? Hopefully as I’m snacking on a crispy wing from KFC snuggled up in front of an open fire, I’ll look to my right and find these presents under the Christmas tree.
1. Married to the Mob “Python” tee – I have become infamous throughout the land for occasionally rocking what can be best described as “naked girl t-shirts.” It’s actually gotten to the point where people will think something is wrong if I’m NOT wearing a shirt with a salacious image on it. Here’s hoping this shirt, one of the few men’s tees produced by the ladies at MTTM, decides to join my collection this holiday season.
2. Canon Powershot S100 digital camera – I’m the guy behind M.I.S.S. Techcessories, so you had to have known there’d be a few electronic items on my wishlist. My girlfriend recently got the S95, and it takes some amazingly great pictures that rival those of a DSLR. The S100 version improves on that camera by upping the megapixel count, adding new features like higher ISO levels and shooting modes, and packing it in to a body that’s as small as its predecessor’s.
3. Atmos x adidas ZX8000 G-SNK – I have many vices in life: Pepsi, beer, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Out of all of them, though, my shoe habit may be the worst. One day I’ll put the colorful, limited edition kicks away and trade them in for orthopedic shoes, but until that happens I’ll just have to keep stuntin’. These ZX 8000s look like the OGs that released way back in the 90s, but take a closer look and you’ll see a glow in the dark snake-skin pattern overlaying the shoe. It’s pretty awesome, and the fact that they’re limited pretty much to Japan and some adidas stores in Europe makes them ever more desirable *drool*.
4. Ambush x Bape “Brainwash Milo” ring – This awesome ring actually came out last year, but it’s been sitting on shelves so long in some places that it’s finally gone on sale. Sweet! If there’s one thing I love more than shoes, it’s rings. Not only can they start conversations, but they really come in handy when you need to punch belligerent old people at the bar in the face. Don’t worry about why I know that, just believe me.
5. Nintendo 3DS – One of my homies over here was nice enough to let me borrow their Nintendo DSi indefinitely, and I’ve since fallen in love with the machine. It really only leaves my hands when I’m at work or asleep. The Nintendo 3DS kind of takes the concept of the original DS and adds fancy-pants, glasses-free 3D to the experience. Sure, it might cause intense eye strain over time. But that’s a small price to pay to see Mario and friends do their thing literally in front of my eyes.
- What I Want for the Holidays 2011: Steph
- adidas Originals Limited-Edition Melbourne Watch Holiday 2012
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: nanoblock x PENTAX Optio NB1000 Digital Camera
- The Design Link List – 12.10.10
- She’s Got Sole: adidas Originals iPhone App