New Designer Drug is the first official album in four years from Jack Davey and Brook D’Leau of LA duo J*DaVeY. Frontwoman Davey is among the latest additions to the femme-fronted rock fusion revolution (I recently caught her on tour with Janelle Monáe, where the girl-power energy consumes all).
The 11-track album comes with digital liner notes that detail the duo’s journey from neophytes to signing on with the bigwig Warner Bros. label. Among the list of album contributors are ?uestlove, Thundercat (yes!), Khari Ferrari, and Polyester The Saint. $2.99 seems more than a fair price for an album, but if you’d like a preview you can stream the whole thing here.
Whatchalookin@|Kill 4 Fun
- We Got The Beat: Antoniette Costa
- The Music Link List – 5.11.2011
- M.I.S.S. In the Mix: J*Davey “Get Together” Teaser!
- The Music Link List – 3.02.2011
- The Music Link List – 09/15/2011