The Fall is here, so that means that it’s time to go shopping for new boots! As a San Francisco girl, boots are a way of life year-round. I looooove my boots and you’ll see me wearing them almost every day of the week. As such, it becomes something of a challenge to find great boots year-round. I’ve asked girls on the bus where they bought their boots, and I have great friends who know about my love of boots and share different sites and stores they’ve found found great buys at.
I could go on for days about all the great boots that are out there this season, but here’s a few that caught my eye while I was searching for submissions for this week’s article.
You just can’t go wrong with any of these boots. Make a worthy investment and enjoy them for years to come.
- Frye Paige Tall Riding Boot: You can’t really buy a riding boot without considering Frye’s. I’ve tried on numerous pairs of the brand, and I prefer the tall riding boots over their typical fare, since they’re more fitted to the leg and ankle. The Paige the extra layers of leather on the front of this boot. Classy!
- Rag & Bone Abby Riding Boot: Rag & Bone does great work with their boots. I like the distressed leather. Looks like you’ve been riding for years!
- Kelsi Dagger Kirsti Wedge Boot: I love how the wedge is virtually undetectable in the boot. It will add some height without looking to obvious about it.
- Detroit Chunky Fur Lined Boot: Basic black cowboy boots that are versatile and will keep you warm.
- Steve Madden Denmark Boot: Steve Madden tends to be my go-to for boots. They fit my foot perfectly and are super comfortable. The Denmark doesn’t have as much structure as a typical riding boot, and I really like the zipper and buckle detail.
- Sigerson Morrison Crocodile-Print Boot: I love clean, classic black boots, but I am also a fan of patterns and textures. These boots keep things interesting on a classic cut.
Over the Knee, Please:
I bought two pairs of over the knee boots last year and I love them! I have received more compliments on them than the riding boots and booties that I also have my wardrobe. They edgy and sexy in a less obvious way, and elongate my legs (a big plus, since I’m only 5’3″ tall). I’m sure they’ll be a staple in my wardrobe for years to come!
- RACHEL Rachel Roy Cliff Over the Knee Boot: These might be my favorite pair of boots at the moment. Leather and herringbone? Look at that heel! SOLD!
- Zigi Soho Trunk Over the Knee Boot: I like the leather detailing and stud work on this pair. Since I wear a lot of plain tees with jeans and leggings, it will add extra oomph to those outfits when I want my boots to make the statement for me.
- See by Chloe Over the Knee Wrap Boot: The tassel might get in the way, but I love the versatility of this boot. Tie it in the front; tie it in the back; you can even make it into a slouch boot if you want. Perfect!
- Old Gringo Jeweled Python Over the Knee Boot: I have an odd fascination with python printed boots. When they work, they really work; when they don’t it’s tragic. Old Gringo gets them just right with this number. Yeehaw!
- Sergio Rossi Metallic Over the Knee Boot: These are just pure fun. Great texture. Great color.
Kick ‘Em in the Bootie:
- Rachel Comey Shingle Boot: This is my second favorite pair, right behind the RACHEL Rachel Roy over the knee boots. Why? Look at that heel! LOVE!
- Boutique 9 Demarko Bootie: I like the contrasting green and tan colors in this bootie, as well as the chunky heel.
- Zigi Soho Strut Wedge Bootie: How fun are these! I’m a big fan of wedges and these are so different and fun. And cheap!
- Diesel Nels Bootie: I like how worn out and lived in these booties are. I’d feel like some badass refugee in an action film wearing them.
- Alexandre Birman Low Suede Boots: I know these are pushing the limits of what a bootie is, but I love the color, the lace-up and the heel.
- Kelsi Dagger Marcelle Bootie: I can’t get enough Kelsi Dagger. Pick this in any color!
- Etro Shearling Fur Low Boot: Shearling boots are not my thing, so it would take something pretty impressive to turn my head. These are such a pair. They might not look so great on the page, but they’re hot on!
Go Wear Some Art:
There’s only two in this group, but there was something about them that I just could not resist. They’re funky and I’m not even sure what I would wear with them (although I am sure I could think of something) if they suddenly showed up in my closet.
- Thakoon Printed Leather Ankle Boot: This African-inspired motif is so memorable and I like the shape of the boot. I’d love to wear them in with an all black outfit to make them really pop.
- Marc Jacobs Patent Leather Boot: These look like they belong in a Sci-Fi movie, or Princess Leia could have worn them in The Empire Strikes Back on Hoth. Would have made running difficult, but she’d look great!
If you know of any great places for me to get boots, PLEASE let me know!
Until next week (and my next obsession):
Layout by: Michelle
- Topshop – Hot Fall Items!
- Wear It Now: Timberland Work Boots for Fall
- Ears To The Street: Duck Boots
- Ears to the Street: These Boots Were Made For Walking
- M.I.S.S. PROJECT: 8020 Spring 2010