Top to bottom, hair to shoes, Mara Hoffman murdalized fashion week with her Spring/Summer 2012 collection shown at Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week. Her tropical tribal “Mexican Mamas” inspired by the personal style of Mexican women (with a nod to Frida Kahlo particularly) woke up the crowd with bright colors, and intricate construction. The collection houses a number of styles including tops, shorts, pants, dresses, jumpsuits, and dashikis that incorporate seed beading, sheers, embroidery, custom prints and careful weaving in exciting and delightful ways. Nick Erwin for TIGI by Catwalk created twisted mounds of hair atop each model’s head, and custom shoes were made, both interwoven with strips of the spring print material only adding to the vivid display.
- MISS NYFW: Rebecca Taylor Spring-Summer 2012 Ready-to-Wear
- Nine West Spring 2010 Preview
- M.I.S.S. Vegas Review: Mary Meyer at Pool
- M.I.S.S. Vegas Review: 31 Cornlane at Pool Tradeshow
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Falls Fall 2010 Collection