Lela Rose’s spring-summer 2012 presentation started off with John Lennon’s “Imagine” playing in the dark before the models came out. It was a nice tribute that she (as well as many other designers that day) included on the anniversary of 9/11. She was inspired by the bright, neon signs throughout Las Vegas and Coney Island which was evident in her use of vibrant accent colors, many oranges and yellows included. She used color-blocking and a sprinkle of metallic gold, but the floral patterns were my favorite. For the models’ hair and make-up, it was kept simple, yet elegant with twisted side-parts and springtime, rosy faces to match. Most of the line was conservative, but the colorful palette made them jump so I saw most pieces as something you can wear to your job, then dress up a little with some hoops and heels to meet friends for a few drinks after work.
- M.I.S.S. Couture Fall 2009: Chanel
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Leifsdottir Spring 2010
- MISS NYFW: Rebecca Taylor Spring-Summer 2012 Ready-to-Wear
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet Fall/Winter 2011 Presentation
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Rebecca Moses Spring 2011