Mostly known for dressing Upper East Side ladies who lunch and those photographed for the society pages, designer Douglas Hannant debuted his first Douglas Hannant: Pink collection for Spring/Summer 2012 at Good Units in the Hudson Hotel. Backed up by the the raucous live music of The Vandelles, this collection takes a surprising turn at youthful vibrancy and exuberance, that ties together his familiar upper crust aesthetic and embraces an an MTV complexion. The collection is dominated by textures and colors. Bows of all sizes and shapes are paired with flirty lace and silks in delightful combinations that look both buttoned up and young. Here is where uptown meets downtown. Some playful prints resembling edgy wallpaper are also interspersed, providing an added edge. These fashions are ripe and ready to be plucked by wardrobe stylists for Gossip Girl and any other television show or movie about chic, and daring city girls.
- Malicious Designs – Online Boutique Launched!
- Carmelita Couture Fall ’09
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet Fall/Winter 2011 Presentation
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Irina Shabayeva S/S 2012
- Save The Date: Douglas Kirkland – Coco Chanel Exhibition at Westwood Gallery