What if a smartphone and a tablet were in a closet making babies and you saw one of the babies (and it looked at you)? You’d probably be staring, jaw on the floor, at the Samsung Galaxy Note. As the name implies, it comes with a stowaway stylus for grabbing screen captures, drawing, and note-taking on the phone’s ginormous 5.3 inch, 1280 x 800 Super AMOLED display. The interface, Android 2.3 running Samsung’s TouchWiz on top of it, has been designed specifically to take advantage of the unique abilities afforded by the use of the stylus. Inside there’s the the same dual-core 1.4GHz processor Samsung uses in it’s Galaxy Tab tablet, and you also get dual 2 megapixel (on the front) and 8 megapixel (on the back) cameras for your video conferencing and photo snapping pleasures.
Word on the street is that Samsung is still shopping this phone around to carriers, so it’ll be a while before pricing and availability info rear their heads. You can kind of assume two things, though: it’ll probably drop sometime this year, and it’ll definitely be cheaper on a two-year contract.
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: The Stars Have Aligned to Reveal the Samsung Galaxy S II
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – HP Envy x2 Combines a Laptop with a Tablet
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Introducing the BlackBerry Playbook…Tablet
- MISS Techcessories: The Samsung Galaxy Note II & Galaxy Camera