Full skirts dominated the Honor Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show, in addition to multiple layers of sheer lace and organza in sherbet-colored pastels. Honor’s designer, Giovanna Randall, is fairly new to the fashion week game, but she received applause for her work as the models walked down the runway. The designer’s “absent collar” dresses were innovative and elegant, and her gold on leather collar necklaces added just the right amount of downtown punk to the flirty and feminine vibe of this collection. Even Nars’ make-up artist for Honor, James Boehmer, said, “I had a vision of creating an army of angry dolls that had been played with too much, not precious dolls that sit on a shelf.” The dolls of Honor certainly came to life, to a soundtrack full of angst, featuring Solomon Burke’s “Cry To Me”, The Blow’s “Hey Boy”, The Knife’s “Got 2 Let U”, and Blur’s “Tender”.
Everything pretty needs a rough edge!
- NARS Trend Report: Honor Fall 2012
- M.I.S.S. Paper Dolls @ FIFTY24LA: Sofia Maldonado
- M.I.S.S. Paper Dolls @ FIFTY24LA: Fawn Gehweiler
- M.I.S.S. Beauty – Recreate the Runway: NARS for Naeem Khan Fall 2012
- M.I.S.S. Paper Dolls @ FIFTY24LA: Melly Elliott