Last week there was a tiny paragraph in WWD about a Blondie pop-up shop at the Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Bleeker street in NYC. When I called the store to confirm, they also mentioned that she would be in store from 5 to 8. So guess where I was at 4:30? Here at MISS we love Debbie Harry and all that she stands for. She’s a music and fashion living legend and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to be in the same room as the rock goddess.
I didn’t stay very long – just long enough to take a few snaps and get my Marc by Marc Jacobs x Native rain boots. I’m not sure how long the pop-up shop will be open but you can purchase Blondie’s new album Panic of Girls, which debuted in the US today and a $35 Blondie t-shirt benefiting Riverkeeper.
On collaborating with Marc by Marc Jacobs, Debbie Harry stated:
“I’ve had a longtime association with Marc Jacobs since the early days at CBGB, and he’s always been so supportive of the downtown scene,” Harry said. “I love and admire the fact that, while he’s so successful in the world of high fashion, he’s never forgotten his roots.” (WWD).
- Fashion Meets Music: Debbie Harry
- SF 12/12: Creative Growth x Marc Jacobs Pop-up Shop
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Marc by Marc Jacobs x Incase iPhone 4S Snap Cases
- Marc Jacobs to Receive Pratt Institute’s Legends 2009 Award
- FL 3/27: citrusonic & lola ink present…DJ Cat NYC PU$$Y PARTY