They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, but I’m not sure it’s as simple as all that. Words can serve as a mighty weapon, or as effective tools, depending on who wields them…after all, it’s like our good friend Billy Shakespeare said… the pen IS mightier than the sword! This week’s Link List is devoted to the power of the written word:
– Tattly Designy Temporary Tattoos. Looking for a strong statement without a big commitment–Tattly offers temporary tattoos that don’t suck.
– Embroidered Text by Maricor Maricar. In an age where typewriters are a thing of the past and hand written letters are almost prehistoric, it’s easy to forget that at one point someone actually had to design and physically create the fonts we use. This makes Maricor Maricar’s hand-stitched typography all the more impressive and beautiful.
– Filigreed Hard Candy Lollipops. You don’t have to know anything about typography to appreciate these lovely handmade sweet treats by Vintage Confections. Yum!
– Mix Tape Typography by Danial Brokstad: For this innovative series of posters, the artist used a continuous strip of tape to create type. Groovy indeed.
– Letter Wall Decor. Spice up your apartment (and practice your ABC’s) with unique alphabet wall hangings by Urban Outfitters!
- La Chanelphile: Les Trompe-L’oeil de Chanel – Temporary Skin Art/Tattoos
- I Want Candy! Massimo Gammacurta’s Logo Lollipops
- “Lovely Chanel Gifts” Just in Time For Valentine’s Day
- Tattoo You: Chanel Temporary Tattoos Hit Shelves March 1st
- LA: Les Trompe-L’oeil de Chanel – Kate Lee Shares Her Tattoo Application Expertise in LA