From an ironic sculpture featuring sparring stags fashioned from Vespa scooters to candles that masquerade as a tasty comfort food, this week’s Design Link List is all about things that aren’t quite what they seem!
– “The Stags.” Australian born surrealist sculptor, Patricia Piccinini creates a whimsical juxtaposition of nature and industry with her “automotive” works. While created from a Vespa scooter, this sculpture has all the movement and drama of a set of stags battling for dominance.
– Chick-a-dee Smoke Detector. The best designers are those who attempt to make every day necessities a bit more interesting or visually pleasing. It seems only appropriate then that we give a big thank you to designer Louise Van Der Veid, who has saved us from the most boring of household apparatuses–the smoke detector. No more boring white flying saucers!
– Macaroni and Cheese Candle. This adorable candle is disguised as a childhood favorite–Mac & Cheese!
–Book Table Clock: This chic and functional table clock by Karlsson represents the epitome of modern design. Not only is the product extremely useful, but it can be tucked away on a bookshelf to perfectly blend in with your favorite novels.
– This playful set of six coasters in the shapes of meat, cheese, lettuce, buns and tomato, stack up to form one tasty looking burger! I’m hungry just looking at them!
- Miss Techcessories: Retro Chic Flip Clock On Legs
- What to do in DC: Madam’s Organ
- Ask MISSter Simms – My Boyfriend Bores Me
- The Design List List 02.1.11
- The Design Link List 09.30.10