I love Summer because my favorite fruits and vegetables are in season. One of my favorite things to throw on the grill is corn. In the summer, the corn is so sweet you can eat it plain. But I like to dress mine up a bit the way I get it at Cafe Habana in New York City. One of my go-to places whenever I visit NY, Cafe Habana’s Mexican Style Grilled Corn is something I order – every time. While watching The Best Thing I Ever Ate on the Food Network, Tyler Florence divulged the secret recipe – and I was ready with a pen! It’s super easy to make and tastes just like Cafe Habana’s! This is the perfect side dish for any summer barbecue.
Fresh Corn – shucked, rinsed and patted dry with a towel
Chili Powder or Cayenne Pepper
1. Grill the corn – keep turning until cooked and slightly charred.
2. Spread some mayonnaise on the corn. Eyeball it – the mayonnaise acts as an adhesive for the cheese and chili powder. If I had to give an estimate I’d say 1 Tbsp.
3. Sprinkle Cotija Cheese on the corn – It’s a hard cheese so I grate it directly over the corn.
4. Sprinkle with chili powder or cayenne pepper
5. Serve with Lime.
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Cornucopia of Corn
- Mama’s Kitchen: Halibut in Artichoke and Tomato Broth
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Get Your Grill On
- Mama’s Kitchen: Bruschetta & Arugula Salad
- Skimkim Yummies: Corn Soup