It’s the height of wedding season, and you know what that means: ‘Tis the season to max out your credit card on bathmats, flatware sets, and other generic (and frankly, rather boring) home goods. Don’t get me wrong, I love my friends, but it’s really difficult to get excited about dropping my hard earned money on an energy efficient toaster. But listen, just because wedding gifts tend to be practical, that doesn’t mean they need to be boring! Take a look at this list of 10 unconventional (yet still useful!) wedding gift ideas. Why not give the happy couple a gift with a little more personality? Chances are, they aren’t any more excited by the thought of that toaster than you are.
In the Kitchen:
1. These super modern City Plates are a perfect gift for the urban couple! They come in sets of three, and with twelve cities to choose from, try picking three with some significance to the bride and groom.
2. Who wants a traditional salt and pepper shaker set when you can have a set shaped like ROCKET SHIPS?! The set is perfect for bringing a little whimsy to any dining room table.
3. This face mug allows you to have your coffee and your donuts too! And most importantly, it’s hilarious. Instead of a standard set of latte mugs, consider bringing a present with a little humor.
4. Give the gift of good karma (and fresh butter) with this Buddha Butter Dish.
5. For couples with an appreciation for function and modern design, an abacus makes for some interesting and unique wall art. Added bonus–it can keep track of who wins domestic spats! Juuuust kidding.
6. This porcelain hanging wall vase is straight to the point!
7. This handmade hand-shaped coat hanger is DEFINITELY a statement piece. It comes in 9 different “gestures,” including a thumbs up, a wave, and (for the slightly more alternative bride and groom) a middle finger.
Bed & Bath:
8. This zig zag printed cotton duvet cover and pillow case set infuses gives any bedroom a modern look. Plus it reminds me of Charlie Brown, and that’s always a good thing.
9. This bathroom doesn’t tend to be the most stylish room in the house in terms of interior design, but if you ask me, this apothecary shower curtain is a good starting point.
10. The Shower Squid comes with nine adjustable tentacles to firmly grasp your shampoo, body wash, or other various shower accouterments!
- Pamper That Baby Bump With Bella Mama
- Ask MISSter Simms – Planning for a Second Wedding
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: BEAUTY C.R.E.A.M. – How to Stretch your Beauty Dolla Dolla Bills – Part III: Pump it Up – How to be a Shower Gel Savior
- It’s A Nice Day For A White Wedding
- Toofly Gift Sets – Limited Time Offer!