With summer trends already set in motion, the hair looks always seem to fall by the wayside. Temperatures easily reach over 100 degrees and it’s easy to just throw everything up in a sloppy bun- much like I’ve been doing, sad to say. With the help of New York City “mane master”, Roy Teeluck, keep your cool AND style in tact with these sexy, summertime styles.
Long and Loose
Perfect for evening, when the sun sets and everything starts to cool down a bit, loose waves are easier than ever to create. Usually achieved by using a curling iron with a large barrel, the perfect “beach” waves should look natural and on the messy side. For an easy day to night look, simply arrange damp hair into a loose braid. Spray braid with a styling mist such as Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. When it’s time to go out, release the braid and finger comb through. Add a few more mists of styling spray and you’re good to go.
Updo’s and Modern Coiffures
With the introduction of Snooki and the “Bump It”, it’s no wonder why stylish women shy away from upswept styles. But nothing says summer screen siren (a la Brigitte Bardot), then a slightly unkempt updo. The key to this modernized version is using a volumizing hair spray, with FLEXIBLE hold like Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play Volumizing Hair Spray. To create the perfect pouf, section a back portion of the hair (toward the crown), using a rat tail comb. Backcomb (NOT tease) hair slowly, careful not to cause breakage. Take the front portion of the un-styled hair and arrange it over the top of the backcombed area. Remember, you don’t want a rat’s nest effect, so make sure there aren’t any “holes”. Secure with either straight or bobby pins and finish off with hair spray. For more stunning summer hair inspiration, visit Roy Teeluck’s Spring/Summer Look Book at www.royteeluck.tumblr.com.
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Summer’s Secret Sauce Recipe #2 – D.I.Y. Stylie Power Surf Spray a.k.a. How to Get Beach Babe Hair
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick and Tip of the Week: Ohhhhhhhhh…..You Can Touch This – Hair gets Hau-taaaaay at Tar-jaaaaay with L’Oreal’s Elnett, Heyyyyyyyyyy
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick and Tip of the Week – Minding your Ps Curly Qs: New Waves, New Technology, New You
- M.I.S.S. Beauty Tip Of The Week: A Modern ‘Do With A Classic ‘Twist’
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week – D.I.Y. Hair Freshener