Happy National Peanut Month (as opposed to National Peanut Butter Month, check out the M.I.S.S. post on PB)! I don’t know why, but I love these weird National _______ Month/Week/Day stuff. Today is also “What If Pets Had Opposable Thumbs Day”, FYI.
I was freelance cheffing the other day and had Chicken Skewers with Asian Peanut Dipping Sauce on the menu so I figured, this would be perfect for my post this week! I usually double up this Peanut Sauce because this stuff is like crack. You can use in on anything. Make some soba noodles, throw in some carrot and cucumber, add this sauce. I made turkey burgers with mint, cilantro, basil, & scallion and smeared the buns with this stuff. If you wanna go for a challenge, make some summer rolls and dip them in this sauce (the hardest part about summer rolls is the rice paper, it takes a while to get a hang of the consistency, but with practice, it’s a breeze)
I used to make this sauce with peanut butter but that tends to get too thick, or too “roof-of-the-mouth sticky”, so I was relieved to find a recipe that worked a lot better. Here’s my Skimmified rendition.
Cracktastic Asian Peanut Sauce
- 1 c dry roasted peanuts, unsalted or salted
- 1/3 c water
- 1/3 c coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp agave/honey/brown sugar/or sugar
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- pinch of salt to season (may not need if you use salted peanuts)
Throw peanuts & garlic in a food processor. Pulse till combined into a fine mix. Add the rest of the ingredients and process. Add more water or coconut milk if you want a thinner sauce. Refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Peanut Butter Love
- Skimkim Yummies: Unfancypants Ice Cream
- Skimkim Yummies: Creamy Tomato Soup
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Don’t Cry Over Spilt Milk – Banish Your Winter Woes with Coconut Milk
- Mama’s Kitchen: Spinach & Artichoke Dip