Apparel brand Eighteenth and production company Revery Media, bring you their second collaboration featuring Eighteenth’s video lookbook of their Spring/Summer 2011 collection. Designer Alexa Galler reinvents the tee, by experimenting with lengths and shapes, using bold geometric cutouts and asymmetrical lines, the SS2011 collection features boldly cut skirts and dresses, all available in a color palette restricted to the simplicity of black, white and grey!
I love the minimalism and unique design aesthetic presented in the video. Playing with ideas of movement, the video combines clothing and body to create fluid silhouettes that translate beautifully on-screen. Starring up-and-coming model Ricky Hu, the SS2011 lookbook showcases six of Eighteenth’s signature styles for Spring, and I’d like them all.
And check out the soundtrack by White Denim, from their 2009 album, which makes the entire lookbook come together perfectly, it also doesn’t hurt that it was produced by our very own Gee! Check out the video because style and comfort never looked so good!
- Perfecting the Classic T-Shirt: Eighteenth Spring/Summer 2010
- 80%20 Fall Video Inspiration – They Want You!
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Samantha Pleet SS09, Her Seasons of Wonder
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Charlotte Ronson
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Marc Bouwer and Lydia Hearst Behind The Scenes Interviews