It has finally arrived! The 83rd Academy Awards! I couldn’t sleep Saturday night because of how much I love and live for this moment. Best believe I dressed up too! It might be raining/snowing in Seattle, but my heart was in sunny LA.
Enough about the mushy stuff, let’s get down to the core of things: the fashion! Here are the trends and styles you will be seeing in the season to come as well as the things that you should hide in the back of your closet forever.
Although the fashion changed throughout the show and people wore something different at the after party, my only concern is the red carpet.
These are the trends that I am falling in love with on today’s starlets:
- Sparkles! All the glitters in the world may not be gold but at least it always sparkles. Sparkly nudes dresses were the hot item this year. Ladies like Hailee Steinfeld, Michelle Williams, Halle Berry, and Mandy Moore were like walking constellations in all their shine.
- Purple is the new black! Both of the Black Swan girls chose great purple dresses. Mila went with a lighter shade and a very pregnant Portman chose a rich reddish plum.
- But if you’re not a fan of purple, be a hot mama in red because red is never dead!
- Bow ties are replacing tie ties! The gentleman looked great as always but every Hollywood bromance duo sported the bow ties. Black-on-black is always nice for the guys, but those white-on-white suits made Javiar Bardem and Josh Brolin look like bad waiters.
- Structure and origami-style dresses that look like they could stand on their own were a big favorite. The stronger the silhouette the better!
- Rich greens in your accessories always go great with any color.
My personal favorites go to Jennifer Lawrence in a elegant and simple Calvin Klein, Halle Berry, True Grit’s Hailee Steinfeld who looked like a picture-perfect ingenue in her beautiful Marchesa, and the always stunning Mila Kunis.
The fashion faux pas that made me do a double-take was chosen by the usually breathtaking Cate Blanchett, who looked like she was wearing a underwater science project gone wrong. And Melissa Leo, now forever famous for dropping the F bomb during her speech, should drop her stylist while she’s at it.
What do you think? Who do you think should have gone home with a golden man of their own in style? Make sure to leave comments.
Layout & images by the stunning Phaymiss
- Fashion Round Up: The Screen Actors Guild Awards
- The Fashion Round Up: 2011 Golden Globes
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Farah Angsana Fall 2010
- Halle Berry Launching A Fragrance
- M.I.S.S. Vegas Review: Mad For Plaid