Diane von Furstenberg is proud to announce the second annual DVF People’s Voice Awards, which will take place on March 11, 2011 at the United Nations in New York City. This year, Diane, along with The Daily Beast Editor in Chief, Tina Brown, will present four awards to remarkable women who have demonstrated leadership, strength and courage in their commitment to women’s causes. Honorees receive $50,000 in support of the organization (U.S. 501c3) with whom they are affiliated from the Diller-von Furstenberg Family Foundation to further their work.
This year’s finalists include Susannah Shakow of Running Start, Malika Saada Saar of The Rebecca Project, Taryn Davis of The American Widow Project, Lyn Pentecost of The Lower Eastside Girls Club and Zeinab Eyega of Sauti Yetu Center for African Women. As if this cause was not motivation enough to participate, your vote also serves as an entry to win a trip to New York City to attend the 2011 DVF People’s Voice Awards, dressed in DVF (of course!).
So please head over to the DVF Facebook page and vote today as polls close February 15th!
- M·A·C Makeup Looks at NYFW: Juan Carlos Obando, Herve Leger, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Erin Fetherston
- Vote! Vote! Vote! Pretty Please
- Diane von Furstenberg’s American Express Commercial
- Parents Best Blog Awards – Please Vote for Lil’ Miss!
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Ruby Slipper Event – Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!