Calling all KAWS fans! The Standard‘s latest installment in their series of artist collaborations features KAWS. Quite a departure from KAWS‘ usual stomping ground of toys, shoes and t-shirts, this dynamic pairing had a light bulb moment – literally! This is a limited, but non-numbered, edition of 1,000 sets contain 3 light bulbs (yes you read right – LIGHT BULBS!). Each set contain one bulb in each color: red, purple and green, and feature a KAWS signature XX filament.
“I love The Standard and the different projects they have been doing. When invited to create something I wanted to redesign something basic that could be found in every hotel room in the world so we decided to make a light bulb. I like the low colored glow it gives, similar to a candle.” – KAWS
You can buy these unique collectors items for $65 a set via The Standard website. But be quick – with only 1,000 available, they won’t last long!
- Blogger PROJECT: Black Standard & Blood Is The New Black
- My Two Cents: The Standard Hotels’ “Standard High” Calendar
- M.I.S.S. Muses: An Inspiring Space
- Jason Wu Woos Kaws For His Spring-Summer 2012 Collection
- KAWS in the Sky with Diamonds