Yves Saint Laurent’s “Mondrian” day dress moved beyond fashion and became a cultural icon, representing an era. YSL drew inspiration from Piet Mondrian’s 1920s painting to create his, instantly recognizable, jersey dress that embodies the 1960s. The spring runways featured contemporary color blocking with bright bold colors.
This Spring designers featured color block inspired looks on everything from shoes to hand bags. While Missoni played with print, Prada runway gave us a fun color block look that consisted of effortlessly putting together different colors for the perfect color block look.
With this trend it is easy to update you spring wardrobe with a pair of color block shoes or bright stackable bracelets. You can also be adventurous and try to put together the perfect color block outfit with prints or individual items. Whatever your choice, this trend is easy to adapt and make it your own.
- Celebrity Style: 5 Trends To Try Before The Summer Ends!
- Celebrity Style: Neon Inspiration
- Russian Fashion Week: Agatha Ruiz De La Prada S/S 2010
- Blogger Project: Sebago Women’s Spring 2013
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Nanette Lepore Spring 2010