Make a statement this Spring by going GREEN. The unconventional hue made its rounds during the Spring ’11 shows during fashion weeks (Marc Jacobs to Chanel to Dior). Think you can’t pull it off? Says renowned celebrity makeup artist Pat McGrath: “I actually find that green is the most universally flattering shade to all colors of skin and eyes. It makes the whites of the eyes look whiter and contrasts (or harmonizes) with all colors of irises beautifully.”
The key to working this color into your everyday beauty routine is to use it sparingly. Although runways had the eyes completely covered in color, applying the shadow as a liner (using an angled brush) offers a more wearable “pop”. For a smokier look, apply a blacked out, mossy green (like Laura Geller Baked Cake Eyeliner Duo in Dark Green Apple) to upper and lower lash lines and blend outward.
Image Layout: Ashley
- Ears To The Street: Red Lips Rule the Runway
- Beauty Tip of The Week: DIY Summer Makeup Look
- MISS Beauty Tip of the Week: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour
- Beauty Tip of the Week: Makeup Brush 101
- Beauty Baller on a Budget: Seeing Green