When I first graduated high school, the first advice I received was, “don’t get a credit card unless you need one.” I never really needed one, but after getting so many credit card pre-approvals in the mail I bought in. And boy did I regret it. So after years of paying it back the best thing to do is shred it into pieces to create a new pair of earrings! It’s a therapeutic project to give yourself comfort after years of stressful repayment plans and it’s also eco-friendly!
– 2 Old credit cards/gift cards
– small hoop earrings
– tiny hole puncher *
(* if you don’t have a tiny hole puncher, a small nail and hammer works just as well)
Step 1: Cut your credit cards into 1/2 inch strips. Feel free to cut them into different lengths.
Step 2: Punch holes on the top of each strip.
Step 3: Slide each strip onto the hoop earring until you achieve your desired look.
And you’re done!
- Nails Did: Nail Charms Too Old School?
- The World According to M.I.S.S.: Sentate Passes New Credit Card Bill
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Square’s Personal iPhone Credit Card Reader
- NYC: Catch Up With The Shoe Woomobile And Get Free Shoes!
- She’s Crafty: Gold Patched Leggings