The perfect compliment to the season’s body conscious silhouettes and luxe fabrics, bold red lips ran rampant during the shows at Fall 2010 Fashion Weeks. The easiest and most classic way to wear the statement color is with not much else on the face; just clean, matte skin and hint of mascara. Red has the tendency to draw attention to imperfections in the skin, so a touch of concealer or light veil of foundation is recommended, in case of a breakout.
If your lip color has a tendency to bleed, use a lip liner prior to applying lipstick to create a barrier. Revlon ColorStay Lip Liner in Red is shown in the photo below, but a nude liner can also do the trick. After lipstick is applied, blot with a tissue, reapply, then blot again (to create a “stain”). Matte colors are more wearable during the day, but if you choose to use a gloss, make sure to apply with a lip brush and dust the outlines of the lips with a powder, to keep gloss from running.
Image Layout: Feesh
- A Quick Eye Look for the Perpetually Tired or Uninspired Beauty Warriors
- Ears To The Street: Lavender Lids
- NARS Fall 2013: A Closer Look and Preview
- MISS NYFW: Backstage With Shiseido at United Bamboo S/S 2012
- Ears To The Street: Bold, Beautiful BURGUNDY