While conversing with my good friend and hairdresser, we were debating between which was better: Crumbs cupcakes, Sprinkles cupcakes and Cinnabon cupcakes. Then it hit me, a cinnamon roll cupcake would be amazing and so mean to my inner thighs all at the same time. I told my mom about my revelation and so I searched the internet, and found a recipe on The Pioneer Woman’s blog for a recipe and bingo, bango, bongo! I give you, cinnamon roll cupcakes!
2. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
4. After the hour has passed, prep your workstation for ultimate roller pinning. Make sure your countertop is clean and just throw some flour on it.
5. Put the remaining 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a large mixing bowl. Then put the dough from the sauce pan into the bowl. Mix it up! (Use your hands. It’s more fun that way.)
6. Dump the dough onto the counter and roll it out.
8. Once you’ve got all the goodies on your dough, slowly roll it up starting from the edge farthest from you. Try to roll it up as tightly as you can. You’ll find that some of the butter will drip out of the roll, but that’s okay. I’d also like to take this time to apologize for the mess you’ve clearly made in your kitchen, but trust me it’s worth it!
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for the second lump of dough.
10. Butter your cupcake pan, and I mean BUTTER IT! Those bad boys will stick to your pan if you don’t put enough. I cut about a three finger width, and stuffed it into each cup. With the extra butter, cinnamon, and sugar, mix it all up and brush it across the tops of the rolls.
11. Bake for 13-17 minutes. I found that for my oven 15 minutes works great.
[ Sidenote: I forgot to buy the powdered sugar for the icing, so I just used some butter cream frosting I had in the refridgerator, and it tasted DELICIOUS. So if you don’t have time to make the frosting, butter cream frosting is the way to go.]
12. So while you’re waiting for the rolls to bake, you can make the icing. Whip together 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup of milk, 6 tablespoons of melted butter, 1/4 cup of coffee, and a dash of salt.
13. Once the rolls have baked and are warm to the touch, pour your frosting on top, kick back, relax, and enjoy the amazingly sinful cupcake you’ve just created.
- S’mores Cupcakes Recipe
- Mama’s Kitchen: Garlic Knots & White Pizza
- Skimkim Yummies: Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lori Lobenstine’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Introducing Skimkim Yummies!