WARNING: This recipe is definitely not diet friendly, but it is delicious.
After a stressful week of school, baking is one of my favorite ways to unwind. I have discovered my new favorite website, Bakerella, and found the recipe for my latest creation: S’mores Cupcakes! These cupcakes are completely from scratch, and who doesn’t love a well constructed s’more?
After one of these bad boys, you’ll definitely be asking for S’MORE!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Next, in a big bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, then separate the dry mixture into two bowls.
3. Now you have two bowls, to one bowl add the cocoa powder and to the other bowl add the graham cracker crumbs. Then, to both bowls add 1/2 cup milk, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup oil and mix until well combined.
4. Make the graham cracker topping (my favorite part). Place the brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs in a bowl, pour the melted butter over it, and stir until it’s combined.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, allow to cool, and add ganache** and more marshmallows if you dare!
**To make the ganache: Warm the butter and cream on the stove, DO NOT BOIL the mixture. Remove from the stove, pour over chocolate, and stir until the chocolate is melted and shiny. Place a whole marshmallow on top and pour ganache over the cupcakes.
- Mama’s Kitchen: Elaine’s NY Cheesecake & Strawberry Topping
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes Recipe
- Skimkim Yummies: Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Nutella Cakepops Recipe
- Mama’s Kitchen: Tiramisu