Thanks to Shiseido, I got the opportunity to check out the backstage action at the Zero + Maria Cornejo show. Chilean born designer, Maria Cornejo, known for her minimalist worldly designs went a little avant garde this season, so to not draw attention from the sleek collection, makeup and hair was kept to a minimum. Shiseido’s Creative Director Dick Page provided models with the following look:
To preserve a natural base, foundation and concealer were only used to reduce shine or redness, if necessary. Starting with the eyes, a small amount of colorless lip balm was applied to the center of the lid and smeared to create a creamy base. The gold color of the Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio Opera palette was dusted on the lids.
The focal point of this look is the lips, which were colored with the Shiseido Shimmering Rouge Lipstick in Grace (February 2011 launch). For a “sketch of color” effect the color was applied to the lip lines, and was dabbed and blotted on the lips with a damp makeup sponge.
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Backstage With Shiseido at United Bamboo
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Backstage With Shiseido at Zero+Maria Cornejo
- Shiseido Spring 2013 Makeup Review
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week: Party Proof Eyes. Get Them for Tomorrow Night!
- MISS NYFW: Backstage With Shiseido at United Bamboo S/S 2012