It summer. It’s time for corn!!! A few markets have popped up with fresh local corn and of course, I’m gobbling it up. I make all the soups at my restaurant and it’s like a spiritual thing for me. Here is a really yummy corn recipe that I came up with and I’m telling you, use this seasonal fresh stuff. It will make it so much better!!!
Summer Corn Soup
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 ears of fresh corn, kernels cut from cobs, cobs broken in half and reserved
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 cups water
- 2 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- Ground white pepper
ite pepper. Serve this hot or cold! Garnish w/ some chives or bacon if you wanna really do it up.
For those of you in NYC this weekend, we are gonna be all over the place. The Hester Street Fair on Saturday and the Unfancy Food Show on Sunday. Please come! Sunday is gonna be ridiculous. Mama O’s and I are working on a kimchee collabo! What???
- Skimkim Yummies: Creamy Tomato Soup
- Mama’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup
- Mama’s Kitchen: Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Mama’s Kitchen: Ragù alla Bolognese
- Mama’s Kitchen: Southern Comfort