Everyone looks forward to that bronzy, windswept look the summer leaves on your skin and hair. And nothing says “ocean air” more than a perfectly mussed up mane. Because salt water gives hair a piecey, texturized effect, many companies have introduced products (some even CONTAINING salt water) that replicate the same look. But why the hefty price tags? I’ve used every texturizing product out there, from gels, to sprays, to mousses, and none of them come close to the Tousle Me Softly lineup from Herbal Essences. Ranging from a shampoo and conditioner to a texturizing spray gel, each product perfectly executes that beach babe look (without the crunchy dryness you get from sea water) for under $10. TIP: the best way to achieve easy, beachy waves is simple. After towel drying, pull hair through a ponytail holder to form a small bun. Air dry, preferably overnight. After untying the bun, apply a small amount of any of the Tousle Me Softly products *with the exception of the shampoo and conditioner, and scrunch hair in sections, twisting pieces into the desired effect. Finish off with Tousle Me Softly’s Flexible Style Hairspray and VOILA! Instant seaside sex appeal! For more info on Tousle Me Softly by Herbal Essences, visit online at Herbalessences.com.
- Dirty Up Your ‘Do With Aveda Light Elements Texturizing Creme
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tips of the Week: Wasty Pants, Not a Chance – How to Recycle Extra/Unwanted Toiletries
- Suave Scalp Solutions Shampoo & Conditioner Review
- Promote Healthier Hair Growth With Peter Lamas’ Chinese Herbs
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Color Me Good – My Top French Finds for Color Treated Hair