Scotland producer Hudson Mohawke is getting to be a regular here at M.I.S.S. and rightfully so! Have you heard this kid’s music? Back in 2009, M.I.S.S. gave you the beat on Mr. Hudson and we also brought you news of his electronic, big-bass, futuristic mixtape in collaboration with The Fader. This time around we’ve got a new video! “Joy Fantastic”, featuring vocals from DC newcomer Olivier Day Soul, was one of the standout tracks from his 2009 album Butter. Set against the backdrop of Hudson’s intricately designed electromagnetic production, Olivier Day Soul leads both the track and video with wild and giddy lyrics reminiscent of Andre 3000’s sound.
The video was directed by Konx-Om-Pax, the man also responsible for the Hudson’s album artwork. The video was released to coincide with Hudson’s North America and UK tour starting this month. The video is completely over the top, but a lot of fun! Headdresses, neon paint, bright lights, and futuristic meets ancient dance party sequences leave you wondering, “what the hell just happened?” Check it Out!
Images by SB
- Have a Heart! Like HUDSON on Facebook to Help Raise $$
- CONTEST/SALE—HUDSON Denim Resolutions + WIN a Denim Wardrobe
- Georgia May Jagger for Hudson=Too Hot in the Hot Tub
- HUDSON’s “The Blues Traveler” Campaign: Win a Mini Cooper or a trip to London for 5 nights!
- You’re Invited to the HUDSON Fall 2011 Digital Premiere!