Where did you take the photo?
Prospect Heights, BK. Some Sunday in February (they were all grey).
What were you thinking before you took the photo?
That I do not want to imply ‘noose’ with the scarf, that this is going to look like a set-up, and that JJ is continuously generous with his face. with me. I suppose that is just an extension of him, so it makes sense.
What were you thinking after you took the photo?
He blinked. And so did the camera. And then I thought the photo would be a wash because lord knows the countless photos we’ve seen of people with half-opened or half-closed or totally closed eyes that look less like ‘a moment’ than like crap.
What’s interesting to you about the photo?
This was not a wasted frame. His punim. That he didn’t know his scarf was in the bushes. That I have only started shooting him, in the 10 years I’ve known him.
What camera did you use?
Mamiya 645. CLAAAAAAANG! (that’s the shutter).
- Photo Of The Week: Untitled by Sahara Marina Borja
- Photo of the Week: Grown Simba by Nina Parks
- Photo Of The Week: Justin by Sahara Marina Borja
- Photo Of The Week: Ode To Norma Jean by Sahara Marina Borja
- Photo Of The Week: Volando Voy by Sahara Marina Borja