I just received a package in the mail and was excited to see that it was my set of Les Trompe-L’oeil de Chanel, better known as the Chanel Temporary Skin Art/Tattoos. The tattoos made their debut a few months back at the Spring 2010 Chanel Ready To Wear presentation.
The set includes 5 sheets with a total of 55 designs. Each trompe-l’oeil references a classic Chanel motif – pearls, the double C’s, and chain links with woven leather. Traditional tattoo references also include sparrows and cherry blossoms.
I love this set, though I will confess, I bought Les Trompe-L’oeil de Chanel purely as a collector’s piece – I won’t be using any of these temporary tattoos. I like to keep my skin canvas blank, but if you don’t want to commit to a real tattoo, then what it doesn’t get better than a Chanel temporary tattoo.
I was on a waiting list to get Les Trompe-L’oeil de Chanel but it may not be too late to get yours. Try contact Ruby at the Chanel at the Encore in Las Vegas and tell her Gabriella sent you!
View the full set of Les Trompe-L’oeil de Chanel on LaChanelphile.com.
- LA: Les Trompe-L’oeil de Chanel – Kate Lee Shares Her Tattoo Application Expertise in LA
- Tattoo You: Chanel Temporary Tattoos Hit Shelves March 1st
- Tattoo Camouflage and Tattoo Alternatives
- “Lovely Chanel Gifts” Just in Time For Valentine’s Day
- Paraphernalia: The Vêtements Collection