Last night the Golden Globes aired and started the official round of 2010 award ceremonies. The Golden Globes is notoriously the fashion “dress rehersal” for the Oscars – and I really hope that this year, the Golden Globes are not an example of what we can expect at the Academy Awards. Everything from the fashion, to the actual show was very ho-hum BORING. I didn’t see anything that made me excited. It seemed like everyone played it very safe.
There were definitely some trends popping up on the red carpet:
- As far as color these were the major players: Black, Red, Purple (in all of its shades) and Pale Pastels.
- Strapless – the most popular of the necklines – along with accompanying cleavage as an accessory
- Waist details – lots of cinching at the waist with beading
- Fabric flowers and ruffles
- Hair – either upswept or down and very natural (blame it on the rain??)
- Makeup – not too dramatic. Most emphasis was on the lips – either very red or very pale.
- Umbrellas are the new black? Sorry, just kidding – but it was really funny to see Red Carpet shots taken with umbrellas.
My very favorite looks included January Jones in Lanvin, Courtney Cox in a design by Victoria Beckham, Zoe Saldana in Louis Vuitton, Lea Michele in Oscar de la Renta and Kate Hudson in Marchesa. There were 3 looks that I absolutely hated! Mariah Carey and her boobs hanging out all over the place (did they have their own nomination??), Sandra Bullock in that sheer hot mess of a dress and Tina Fey in a Zac Posen dress that was actually not bad but did not suit her AT ALL.
Who were your favorites? Who did you dislike the most?? Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts!
- My Favorite 2013 Golden Globes Fashion Moments
- 82nd Annual Academy Awards: Fashion at the Oscars
- Fashion Round Up: The Screen Actors Guild Awards
- OPI on the Golden Globes Red Carpet
- Golden Globes Fashion Favorites