Sure, Fall/Winter collections are usually associated with muted colour palettes of blacks, greys, and browns, maybe some navy – but not at São Paulo Fashion Week, and definitely not on the Rosá Cha runway! The first collection shown in Brazil since the departure of founder Amir Slama last year was a highly anticipated one, and new Creative Director Alexandre Herchcovitch didn’t disappoint.
Taking a step forward with the addition of more elaborate tailored work, Herchcovitch injects a fresh aesthetic while not losing sight of the label’s roots, stating that “this is a fundamental moment for us to be able to use the brand’s DNA in a larger number of pieces that go from fitness, spa, and the beach, to outwear.”
The designer mixes colourful full-length printed body suits with lingerie-inspired pieces while adding references to the beach and the feminine body. High-waisted bottoms, pin-up girl tops paired with cute swim caps give a nod to the past.
- Roberto Cavalli for H&M Preview Sketches
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Fashion Meets Tech – Alexandre Herchcovitch for HP
- Agent Provocateur Brings Sexy Back!
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Alexandre Herchcovitch Women’s S/S 2010
- Cubannie Links Spring/Summer 09 – Part 1