There have been a number of high profile fashion and technology collaborations in the recent past (HP and Vivienne Tam come to mind) but one of the more striking ones is the marriage between Japanese streetwear label, BAPE (maybe you’ve heard of them), and Fujitsu’s FMV- BIBLIO LOOX U ultra portable netbook. The outside features BAPE’s signature camouflage pattern in two variations (green and black),, while inside there’s an energy efficient 1.33GHz Intel Atom processor, Wi-Fii, Bluetooth, a 30GB or 62GB SSD, and your choice of Windows XP or Windows 7 operating systems. It’s available now in the Fujitsu webstore for around $980 and, despite what your instincts might tell you, it probably isn’t a good idea to bathe this netbook in lukewarm water. Just sayin’.
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: HP Mini 110 by Studio Tord Boontje
- Apple Drops New, Cheaper iMacs
- When Worlds Collide – HP Mini 1000 Vivienne Tam Edition
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: ASUS Eee Pad Aim’s to Kick Arse, Take Names
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Dell Adamo Breaks Necks, Lightens Wallets