Existing on the underground music fringe for a while now, the New Wave tinged rapper Theophilus London has officially made the jump from master of the mixtape (Brooklyn, stand up!), to full blown superstar with the release of his first official music video.
The video for the hit “Humdrum Town” marks Theophilus London’s Green Label Sound debut single. Directed by Ben Fries, the video features the performer reminiscing over an old lady love, and doing his trademark full-bodied dance to win her back at a karaoke bar. Known for his love of the great music and fashion of the 80s and 90s, Theophilus doesn’t disappoint. The video has an old school look to it, and features shots of classic throwback items like loafers, moto-bikes, and even a shoe box full of photos of your lost love, like the kind you kept in 9th grade. Swoon.
- M.I.S.S. TV: Theophilus London at SXSW 2010
- The Music Link List – 8/4/2011
- M.I.S.S In the Mix: Theophilus London “I Want You” Mixtape!
- M.I.S.S. Honors International Dance Day: 20 Dance Moves in 3.5 Mins
- M.I.S.S. VEGAS 02.09: REBEL8 at SLATE at Magic